Saturday, June 13, 2009

Stephen Foster Handicap

This is my first attempt at a handicapping entry like this. I don't claim to be an expert, but hey, this game we play is far from an exact science, so here it goes.


#1 ALPHABET MAGIC: This boy has never faced a field this strong, in fact he was claimed for $40 k two back. Doesn't have the speed to compete at this level, best Beyer is an 89. Borel decided to look elsewhere, makes me do the same.


#2 MACHO AGAIN: Last two victories came on off tracks, albeit in graded stakes, also lifetime best two Beyer's. I just don't think this colt can run the race needed today to get a piece of the prize pool.


#3 EINSTEIN: Last time the veteran didn't hit the board was in August in the Arlington Million. The fact he almost fell on his face at the start played a big part in that one. Coming off his best lifetime speed figure, will he bounce? I think he is the class of this field.


#4 ARSON SQUAD: One in the money finish in his last ten outings, beaten by two in this race in that one. The long stretch at Churchill could help his closing style. Possible play on the bottom of the tri.


#5 RESEARCHER: Won his only start against graded company in the Queens Colony at Aqueduct. Gelding seems to be in the money in all his starts, cashed tickets in 15 of 17. Has the speed and could be on the early pace. Calvin climbs aboard. Could be the one.


#6 BULLSBAY: Reminds me alot of Researcher in that he hits the board a ton. 3 for 3 at Churchill and 4 in the money finishes at the distance out of 5 starts. My only concern is he will have to run his best and hope others don't.


#7 ASIATIC BOY: O K handicapping this horse is easy. He falls into one of my handicapping don'ts. I never wager any money on a horse that has not run at least one in North America, especially in this company, that comes from the UAE. This is just my game, I have been burned to often. Show me one here.


#8 FINALLYMADEIT: 44 lifetime starts and leaves Florida for only the second time. Will be on the early lead and is 4 2-1-0 at the distance. Hit the board in his last 4 graded stakes on the dirt, can he hold the early pace and finish? I think he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment